FAA – FCC: your Radio Licence

If you want to fly an aircraft outside the US, you will need an authorisation called FCC (Federal Communications Commission).

To receive your FRN (FCC Registration Number) you will need to fill the form 605 online.

  1. Register and log at https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do
  2. Following your registration, you will be given your FRN. Save it, you will need it to log and apply for your “radio livence”

    Thank you for registering with the FCC. As of today, Feb 22 2015 6:09PM, you have been assigned the following FCC Registration Number (FRN): 00243*****. Please print this page for your records.

  3. Log here and use your FRN and your password.
  4. Select “Apply for a new licence” (top left) and choose “RR, restricted Operator”.
  5. Follow the instructions and pay the fees (60$).

Your FCC will be sent directly at home and is valid for life.

More about FCC at http://wireless.fcc.gov/commoperators/index.htm?job=rr

Notify of

Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments